Sunday, February 24, 2013

Photo A Day recap (Day 35 - 41)

Doing a little bit of catch up.  Here are days 35 - 41 of the #fmsphotoaday challenge:

Day 35
"Hope"
February 4


I took the opportunity to do a little bit of art journaling.  You can read a little more about this page and the song that was going through my head as I made it at THIS post.

Day 36
"Something you smelled"
February 5


Roasted fennel.  I have been discovering that you can roast pretty much any vegetable and even fruit.  Like roasted grapefruit - sooo good.  My method of roasting is to preheat my oven to 450.  I take a baking sheet and put a light coating of olive oil to prevent sticking.  Then I cut up my veggies and toss them in some olive oil with salt (and perhaps some herbs).  I put them in the oven and cook them in 10 minute increments.  I take them out when they are soft.  I really like them cold as well (a great lunch option for the next few days).  For the grapefruit, I found that it tastes wonderful with some Truvia and cinnamon, while making your kitchen smell like Christmas - delightful!!

Day 37
"Soft"
February 6


When I come home, one of the first things that I do is put on some soft cozy sweats.  Cozy sweats is about the only thing that I am going to miss when the weather gets warmer.

Day 38
"Your name"
February 7


This is a little something from the second art journaling page that I ever did.  It was the first page that I did for an online art journaling course that me and my friend Karisse did a few years ago.  It was a course offered through Red Velvet.  They actually have a year long ecourse being offered for $30 if you want to try it out yourself.  It is actually very tempting.  I might have to sign up :-)

Day 39
"Something orange"
February 39


I love 4-colored pens.  It helps me organize my tasks and I love how it keeps my notes colorful - my handwriting is a rainbow :-)  I recently discovered that the 4-colored pens with the blue barrel are medium point and the pens with the orange barrel are fine point ink.  I just love the way a fine point ink pen writes, so I am loving this pen.

Day 40
"Guilty pleasure"
February 9


It's possible that my craft supplies take up half of my closet space.  This picture is the top half of my craft storage.  If you need yarn, paper, paint, sewing supplies, jewelry making supplies, fabric, art journaling doodads, books on knitting, books on art journaling, or even a gingerbread house making kit - I have you covered.  My closet is a mini Michaels store :-)

Day 41
"3 o'clock"
February 10


I have a few songs that have been on my heart.  Right now they are all stuck as half songs, but I still enjoy sitting down every now and then to work on them.  One day they will be complete :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...