Monday, February 4, 2013

Musical Monday "Holding on to Hope"

Tonight I did some art journaling inspired by the photo a day challenge I am doing.  Today's prompt was "Hope" so I decided to do a page on hope.

I really don't do enough art journaling.  I love starting with a blank page, putting a backwash of color and just seeing what happens.  This page is not my favorite page, but so many times it is more about the process and what God speaks during the process than it is about making something pretty.



When I was making this art journal entry there is a song by Jenny and Tyler that came to my mind - "Holding on to Hope"


I was introduced to Jenny and Tyler back before Christmas.  This song meant a lot to me in that time.  December was a fairly rough month and those words "holding on to hope" penetrated into some pretty empty places.

Isaiah 40:30, 31 "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who HOPE in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Sometimes, I think that we just need someone to tell us to not give up (well, at least I do anyway).  So I will just go on and say it for anyone else who may need it - Don't give up.  Have hope.  God really does see everything and He really does have your best interest at heart.  Put your hope and your trust in Him.  He loves you and only wants the very very very best for you.  Hold on to hope :-)

Holding on to Hope - Jenny & Tyler - Faint Not - Copyright 2010 One Eyed Cat Music (BMI)
Music and Lyrics by Tyler Somers (BMI) and Jennifer Somers (BMI)

People I know around me float past with the debris
Saying they don’t mind, such is life, as they float on down the street
I heard the worst is to come, I heard the words
'Look above and find your home in Me
In this storm

I’m holding on to hope, hope, hope
And never letting go, no, no
Even when the storm it grows, hope, hope
Will never let me go, no, no
‘Til I go on home

People build homes using pieces of broken virtue and philosophy
When people place hope in people I notice even more broken dreams
I know that time is so short, there’s something in store, a home I’ve never seen
In this storm, o in this storm

I’m holding on to hope, hope, hope
And never letting go, no, no
Even when the storm it grows, hope, hope
Will never let me go, no, no
‘Til I go on home

Only a trace, no face to face
So here I wait with this poor reflection
Running a race, scared I’m going to break down
Give me strength, Your protection
Only a moment, a passing of time
Until the day when faith is sight
Only a moment, like a flashing of light
So keep me safe, keep me nigh
Keep my way homeward bound
When the rain’s pouring down
Keep me safe, keep me safe

I’m holding on to hope
Never letting go, no, no
‘Til the day I come on home, hope, hope
And finally fully know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...