Sunday, January 13, 2013

Photo a Day recap (Days 7 - 13)

Day 7
January 7, 2013
"Favorite"


I like to watch sports - especially football - especially SEC football.  Any guesses on my favorite team ... only the best college football team there is.  And it was proven Monday night when Alabama blew Notre Dame off the field.  It was good for Bama - bad for Notre Dame.  Roll Tide!!  Go Amabala.  I mean Go Alabama - I took the pic in the mirror, thus the backwards lettering :-)

Day 8
January 8, 2013
"Your Sky"


This is the view that I saw when I stepped off the bus Tuesday morning.  Completely perfect for the photo prompt :-)  My friend Dianne wrote a blog post that pretty much sums up the wonders of a pretty sky.  Check it out HERE.

Day 9
January 9, 2013
"Daily Routine"


I wake up  open my eyes,  roll out of bed, shower, start coffee, and drink coffee while I put on make up.  And then I am awake enough to function :-)

Day 10
January 10, 2013
"Childhood"


Do you remember these glasses?  They are from Pizza Hut.  These are not the ones from my childhood, but I have been collecting them over the years and it makes me happy to see them in my pantry.  The most recent addition is the Funshine Bear glass that I found at Goodwill a few weeks ago for $1 - thrift store score!!

Day 11
January 11, 2013
"Where you sleep"


I sleep on a bed that has these really cool ruffle pillow shams.  I happen to have designed and created those awesome ruffle pillow shams all by myself :-)  I actually took a bunch of pictures to post a tutorial. Hmmm, maybe I should write that tutorial someday :-)

Day 12
January 12, 2013
"Close - up"


I pulled out my colored pencils to start my current work in progress project.  I am making a planner because I can't find the design that I like anywhere.  I was inspired by this post by Alisa Burke and set about making my own.  It's about half way done.  Here's a little sneak peak :-)


Day 13
January 13, 2013
"In your bag"


I carry lots of stuff and these are the things that I always have with me:
1.  Kindle:  I love that I can have tons of books with me at all times.  Before my Kindle, I would always carry at least one (usually more) book in my bag.  I love love love that I can have multiple books on one device and it saves my back from carrying around all the weight of a book.  I do miss actual pages sometimes, so I tend to have my Kindle that I read during my commute and a book on my bed stand that I read at night.  Reading is fun :-)
2. Watercolor field kit:  I love this thing.  One of the best buys that I have made.  It has vibrant shades and the brush has a water reservoir that it attaches to, so you don't have to have a cup of water in your possession.  The paint dries pretty quickly too.  I love that I have the option to paint whenever I want to. 
3. Make up bag: pretty self explanatory :-)
4.  iPod:  I like to always have some tunes with me.
5.  Journal:  My journal is not just a place where I write down thoughts.  I paint in my journal and stick random things (like the sticker I got for voting and post its where a cute 4 year old wrote his name for me) in my journal.  I like my journal to be think from paper crinkled with paint and bulk from random items.  So, there is also a rubber band that holds my journal shut tight :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...