Saturday, August 13, 2011

Serving the Almighty and telling doubt to leave

Jeremiah 10:11-16
"Tell them this: 'These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens'."  But God made the earth by His power; He founded the world by His wisdom and stretched out the heavens by His understanding.  When He thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth.  He sends lighting with the rain and brings out the wind from His storehouses.  Everyone is senseless and without knowledge; every goldsmith is shamed by his idols.  His images are a fraud; they have no breath in them.  They are worthless, the objects of mockery; when their judgement comes they will perish.  He Who is the Portion of Jacob is not like these, for He is the Maker of all things, including Israel, the tribe of His inheritance - the Lord Almighty is His name.

------------------
I found such great encouragement as I read over this passage today.  My God is the Almighty Maker of all things.  And quite honestly, right now I have to lean on Him and trust every aspect of His character.  This character which states that He is powerful.  He is loving.  He is full of grace.  He is my Father.  He is my sustainer.  He Is My Provider!!!

I need to acquire a new full time job in about 3 weeks.  I have been on the job hunt for a while and nothing has come of it ... yet.  While I have my freak out moments, I am still at peace.  I just know that God has something that He is laying out.  As I read the above passage the thought occurred to me - "Of course God is going to work everything out.  If He can make the universe and knit me together in His image, finding me a job is a piece of cake."

Sometimes in the midst of stressful times (and ok, this position I am in can get a little stressful) the little voice of doubt can come creeping in.  Last week, I was doing dishes in the kitchen when a little thought crept into my mind.  The little voice said, "All those years serving God and where has it gotten you."  The little voice was trying to cause doubt and fear and to steal my worth.  But my heart fought back.  My immediate reaction was, "Where has it gotten me?!?  Peace - that's where it has gotten me!!!  I am experiencing peace which passes understanding and right now that is very valuable to me.  I have seen God work wonders in my past, and He is not done!!"  Stupid little voice of doubt, take that!!

I don't have any little tiny bit of regret over the path that my life has taken.  My life is an adventure and I love that.  And my adventure is not over.  It's taking a little unexpected turn, but it is every bit as exciting as it has been in it's most adventurous moments.  My slate is being wiped clean and the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...