Friday, August 12, 2011

Freedom Friday - another dance edition

Happy Friday all!!  I hope that you are gearing up for a fantastic weekend.  I am planning to take a tiny trip to Fredricksburg tomorrow for a youth conference.  Yeah fun!!

It has been awhile since I have done a Freedom Friday post and I want to get back in the habit.

I wrote a while back in THIS post that I would love to see my favorite show So You Think You Can Dance do a number on human trafficking.  I even mentioned that I could see it happening this season.  I wept as I watch the following number:



This dance did not get the best reviews from the judges BUT it is someone using their gifts to raise awareness for something that they believe in and THAT is what I love so much about it.  Even if people did not like the dance, but their curiosity was sparked all they had to do was look at the t-shirts the dancers were wearing and then check it out online.  Invisible Children is actually the film that opened my eyes years ago when the film was a new thing.  So, I absolutely loved seeing it spotlighted on national TV.

Major props to Christopher Scott for stepping out there and highlighting the issue of child soldiers.  He is just using the gifts and talents that he has to raise awareness and I truly believed that eyes were opened the night this dance aired.  Well done, Mr. Scott :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...