Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sleep Deprived

Since I can't sleep, I thought that I would just spend some time writing. You know I wish that this blog was cool and exciting like so many that I have been looking at lately. I wish that it was filled with so many creative ideas and projects that I myself have done. I wish that it was linked to others in the creative community with great ideas.

I know that I definitely have a creative side. It has been that way ever since I was little and would make myself a dress using grocery bags. I have always enjoyed making things and recently I have been grasping the idea that it is not just something that I enjoy, but also a very important piece of how God has created me. I truly believe that He gives us specific talents that He will use to impact the world. My creativity is something that I know God has big plans for. It is an area of my life that I want to dive deeper into.

I was at the bookstore looking at books on creative journaling. If you don't know what that is, let me just tell you that it looks super cool. I figure, I am creative and I love to journal so why not mix the two. One of the books that I found was about art journaling and creative healing. Hmmm, creative healing...now THAT is something that I can get excited about. Standing in the bookstore my mind started to reel about seeing people experience God through creative journaling. Just putting their thoughts out on paper in an artistic fashion. People being real. I personally think that the idea of creative journaling and healing hurts sounds like something that God could be all over. So, my mind is reeling. I myself want to experience more and learn more about creative journaling. I think that it comes through practice, which leaves me being a craft and art supply addict. I look forward to experimenting and seeing what God may do as I learn more about creative journaling and what it can do for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...