Friday, September 2, 2011

What's for dinner?

Last night I got a little inventive in the kitchen.  I decided that I wanted some pasta with a creamy sauce.  There were 2 reasons behind this decision.  1 - I have been wanting to try making a creamy sauce and 2 - I was planning on watching "Eat, Pray, Love" and I knew that all that Italy footage would make me crave pasta (and red wine).

So I did a tiny bit of research and looked in the fridge and my end result was this dish:

Basically all I did was saute some garlic in butter.  Throw in some half and half, basil, and tomato.  Grate in some parmesan and stir every once in a while until my cooking pasta was al dente.  The end result was very very tasty and I was pretty pleased with my inventiveness.  It makes me want to try creating some other sauces.  I just love cooking on the stovetop.  It provides so much opportunity for culinary creativity.  

Have you been getting creative in the kitchen?  What have you been cooking up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...