Thursday, August 25, 2011

Right where I need to be



I have been in the midst of a whirlwind of emotions in my search for a new job.  It is a situation that has presented me with lots of opportunities to ask for help.  I have been so blessed and encouraged by some wonderful people that God has placed in my life.  Others have told me to not give up, to have hope, to continue trusting.  Sometimes we need others in our lives to remind us of the things that we believe, but we have allowed to get covered over by outside circumstances.  I am oh so grateful for the many people who have reminded me of truth.  And the truth is that all will work out.

Honestly, I have no idea what my job situation will look like next week.  There is a lot of uncertainty going on in this head of mine.  Looking back over the past has led to places of doubting the direction that my life has taken.  I have wondered if I went wrong somewhere.  But the truth that I have been reminded of by so many is that my life is right where God has wanted it to be.  All direction was sought by Him, and since He will not lead me astray, I am right where I need to be.  I take comfort in that thought.

The next week should be really interesting :-)  God has always come through, and I believe that He will this time too.  It's a grand exciting adventure and this little piece is a bit of a roller coaster, complete with upset stomach - pass the Sprite and Tums, please :-)

I continue to press on yielding a sword and fighting to keep faith.  I look to my left and right and see people right there alongside me - the church being the church, being love and encouragement.  Thanks church :-)

And I leave this post with what I feel God has spoken and promised.  This is the verse that I feel God has given me for this season.
Psalm 23:5,6 "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell n the house of the Lord forever."
- On August 3, I felt that God spoke to me that He was preparing a table for me.  That I would not be the only one to eat the good things at the table, but that others would also benefit.  My cup will overflow.  God is going to work this out in the way that will bring Him the most glory and fame (which is one of the reasons I feel the need to share the journey publicly).  Even writing this post has been a good reminder for me.  It's all going to work out.  I believe it, I receive it, and I look forward to seeing it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...