Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Splendid and Great

I just read a blogpost that really warmed my heart.  It was a blogpost about making a very cute ballerina inspired skirt (you can read it here).  It was not the very cute tutorial that warmed my heart (although it is wonderful), but the story behind it is sooo precious.


A little girl asks what she will be when she grows up and is told, "A lovely girl."  Her response to that was “No. I needs to be something splendid and great.  I’ll be a ballerina when I grow up. That’s splendid!” 


Oh my gosh!!!  Those words "splendid and great" coming out of the mouth of a precious little girl absolutely warms my heart.  Not just good.  Not just wonderful.  But SPLENDID and GREAT.


You don't hear the word splendid used very often, so to read about a child using it to describe their future is just the best!!!  I loved it so much I had to share.  How completely precious!!!  I hope your heart is warmed as much as mine was.


I am officially going to try to work the word "splendid" into my conversation more often :-)


I hope that you have a splendid day :-)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...