Thursday, April 14, 2011

Currently Reading (a change in perspective)

My final thoughts about the book Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond:

I posted about this book a few days ago here.  I was a huge skeptic at that point, but you know what - a lot changed.  In the matter of 24 hours, a lot changed.

In the midst of these closing thoughts, I have to go down the "life with God" track a little bit.  And I love that it is necessary.  I love that God is a part of every aspect of my life and that writing final thoughts about a book I have been reading means that I have to share about what He is teaching me.

I have been doing this Bible study through DC Metro church called Breaking Free by the wonderful Beth Moore.
This past week, I procrastinated big time on my homework and wound up having to do pretty much all of it on Tuesday (the day that my group meets).  So here I was poised to do my Bible study homework having just the previous night written about the skepticism I have about love, and what was the subject of my Bible study that week - Love!  Coincidence? - I don't think so.  It was through doing that homework that God really reminded me of the fact that I am worthy of radical love.  I learned a lot about myself and my viewpoint (which are both currently under construction).

After doing that weeks worth of homework, I went back into reading this love story called "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" with different eyes.  Eyes that were not blinded by skepticism but realized that yes indeed and most definitely these things do happen and they will someday happen for me.

Final thoughts on the book:
It's good.
It's real life (which has lots of ups and downs).
I highly recommend it.
It makes me want to move to Oklahoma and go from ranch to ranch looking for the single cowboys, which has never been my type.  I lean more towards the rugged in an adventurous, stubble faced, laid back, jeans and t-shirt wearing, risk taker sort of way.  I guess this book challenged my views in many ways :-)

Now, if you will excuse me, I have lots of packing to do...Oklahoma beckons me.

I am, of course, kidding about the above statement (just wanted to clarify).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...