Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A little bit addicting

I have found my new favorite blog.  It's written by a gal named Alisa Burke.  She is a creative genius!!!  If you follow me on Pinterest, it is highly likely that you have heard of her because I pin just about every post that she writes :-)  And when I found the tutorial link on her blog, my Pinterest pins exploded with all things Alisa Burke.  Here are just a few examples:









About that last one, I have been inspired to try free motion sewing on my machine.  I have actually done two projects so far.  I still need lots of practice and a special foot for my machine (so I won't sew through my finger), but I am loving the possibilities.

I have also discovered another new addiction through perusing the Alisa Burke blog.  I was inspired to try watercolors - and guess what?  I love watercolors!!!  It is officially my favorite medium.  I actually have a set that I now carry in my purse all the time.  I think about painting all the time.  I never even knew all the things that you can do with watercolor.  Right now I pretty much just make background pages in my journal and have done one (not so wonderful) painting.  Hopefully someday I will be able to  take this class:


And I really really really want this artisan kit:

The bag alone has me sold!!!  I was going to get it for myself for Christmas, but then realized that it would probably not arrive in time, so now I seem to be putting it off ... but maybe (just maybe) stopping by the site to look at it every day - just maybe :-)

So, yeah - Alisa Burke - check out her site and prepare to be amazed - and inspired - and check out this video:
find your inspiration from Alisa Burke on Vimeo.


And speaking of videos - and addictions :-)  I am addicted to the following song.  It's got bango.  It's got dududu singing.  It's about Christmas!!!  It's ... WONDERFUL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...