Thursday, September 23, 2010

Starvation and mini earth

I have been thinking a lot lately about the term "I'm starving." It seems that in our society a mere grumble of our stomach will find these words coming from our mouth.

You know, it kinda bothers me. Because really, we are not starving. The very fact that I write this on a computer and that you are reading a computer screen means that we are quite well off. We get hungry, but usually within the day we do something to satisfy that hunger (or at least we have the choice to).

The truth is that we are blessed. Blessed to the point of being spoiled if we allow our blessings to go unrecognized. There are so many people all over the world that know what real starvation is. They know what it means to have real hunger. As for me...I have no reason to ever have the words "I'm starving" come out of my mouth. I might be "hungry" or I might be "fasting" but I am by no means starving as a result of not being able to get food; and that is a reality for hundreds of thousands across the earth.

Count your blessings. If you have a hard time getting started, let me help.
#1: your next meal
#2: the roof over your head
#3: the clothes on your back and in your closet
... and the list goes on and on and on...

I am not trying to be a downer or make anyone feel bad. I am simply challenged and sharing my challenge with all who may care to read. There is a reality described here that we too often forget.

Check out this video for a visual of how completely blessed we are ... and appreciate all that you have:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...