Sunday, August 1, 2010

Living the dream

I have been spending a lot of time recently reflecting on my life. Though by no means perfect, I must say that it has been a great adventure that I am living and I am so grateful. I have been to so many exciting places and done so many exciting things over the years. As I was journaling the other day a phrase came to my mind that I feel really sums up this life that I am living...

"It all started when I gave my heart to Christ and went deeper when I gave my life to ministry"

And on that note, I just want to share some really special moments:

Feeling challenged and inspired from one the youth in our group, who was the only one to show up to pray during See You At The Pole at his school. Such an amazing young man.
Being a part of the team that put together an amazing weekend retreat on worship and seeing our students experience and grow in knowledge of what it means to worship God.
Being able to work alongside these guys to love and serve youth.
Taking a huge leap of faith.
Hitting the road headed to LA. The fulfillment of a lifelong desire. Thank you Lord!
Making a stop at the Grand Canyon. Enough said :-)
School Of Ministry Development at YWAM LA.

OUTREACH TO UGANDA
Making chipoti.
Worship service.
Sharing some laughs with some very special young ladies.
The most beautiful child I have ever seen. There are no words to describe how special this little one is and the special place she will always have in my heart.
Spending a few days at a Sudanese refuge camp and seeing God heal the open sores of so many children.
First time staffing DTS (Discipleship Training School) - outreach location announcement night.
Ministry in a village in Thailand.
Moments like this are what I live for.
An amazing outreach with an amazing team, serving alongside an incredible co-leader, and having the best translator ever.

NORTH AFRICA OUTREACH
Getting water from a well.
Running after the kiddos following us on the trail. They loved it!!
Going out on a prayer walk and finding part of a dead animal.
This little girl and her little laugh absolutely captured my heart.
Going to a village and gathering around a woman to pray for her healing.
Another wonderful team of world changers!

...and these pictures don't even include all the adventures I had before owning a digital camera. Discipleship Training School in Hawaii, outreach to the Philippines, medical missions trip to India. There have been so many amazing memories. And I know that there are so many more ahead. I am so excited by what I am seeing God do in the youth group and church that I am currently a part of. God is so good and the adventure in serving Him is so exciting. Praises to the Father. Thank you God for all You are doing.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...