Friday, February 5, 2010

Here comes the snow...but I say it's alright

Well, at least I would like to think that it's alright. Let's see if I say the same thing when I wake up in the morning tomorrow. Right now, as I write this it has probably snowed about 5 inches (at least that is from what I could tell about 45 minutes ago). That is enough in itself, but there is more...the snow is not supposed to end until 8 pm tomorrow night (according to weather.com) and evidently the "blizzard" has not even hit yet. Oh goodness. Well, I will be staying in tomorrow. At least until I get up the gumption to go out and shovel. And the whole shoveling thing is somewhat dependent on the ankle that I am pretty sure that I sprained the other day. I am really not trying to complain, just being real. I have to say that I really am looking forward to having an excuse to stay all cozy inside, drinking hot beverages and reading some Jane Austin. I know that I will wake up tomorrow and probably not recognize the sight outside, but am anticipating that it will be breathtaking. I have definitely done my share of complaining in this winter season and have come to the conclusion that I am a warmer weather gal. But each season is special and serves its own purpose. Many people like snow. I am not one of them, but who am I to rain on anyone else's parade. So, tomorrow I will look outside and gaze on the beautiful winter wonderland. I will then drink a warm cup of coffee and maybe, just maybe, I will find myself venturing outside to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...